Thursday, April 9, 2009

Appaloosa my new favorite western.

I just finished watching Appaloosa and I am suprised, in a good way. I heard good things about this film when it was in theaters but I couldn't make it before it left theaters. This film seems to have gone almost unnoticed? I don't know how the western genre has gone under as quick as it has. I guess it's lost it luster since the days of John Wayne and young Clint Eastwood. Or maybe since we have come so far with techonolgy we don't see the appeal anymore of simpler times? Great idea for later blog I'll dig deeper on that. Ok so Appaloosa was a book by Robert B. Parker published in 2005 and by looking over his books seems to be one of the only westerns he did. He is definetly a master of characters and building relationships between them. I think I might pick up the book and give it a read pretty good stuff. Don't miss this film even if you don't like westerns this is a great drama and has action for the guys and a love story for the women. The characters really are well done and the story keeps you in suspense. This rates up their with one of my favorite westerns I'd give this 4 ninjas out of 5!!

No comments: