Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Scott Pilgrim PSN Release 16-Bit Glory!!!



Que the angel music Scott Pilgrim has morph-balled into the PSN and looks better than ever.

The PSN got it's timed exclusive Pilgrim adventure about 6:30pm eastern today. I played through the first few levels and it's amazing. Behold it yourself in the free demo also released today. The combat so far feels a little slow I'm sure I just have to get used to the combo's and I'll be stringing them together like Batman in Arkham. The graphics are top notch pixel art done by the infamous Paul Robertson. If your not familiar with his work do yourself a favor watch these Pirate Baby's Cabana Battle and Kings of Power. He did an amazing job with the game it's everything you would want from a Pilgrim game. The first boss battle was not to hard but a good challenge and a feast for the eyes. Sorry I love this pixel art it's just my favorite. Just go play the demo you will buy it afterwards I promise.

One thing to watch out for is when you purchase you will get two files. The demo and a 6kb download which is actually the file that unlocks the demo into a full game. Download both and start up the game. I got confused for a minute but don't worry it works fine. Enjoy and check out the movie Friday!

No comments: