Saturday, July 11, 2009

Bungie Day Halo ODST and Nathan Fillion...

So July 7th was officially Bungie Day which I almost forgot. So when I got home from work made dinner etc I jumped on around 8. I logged into the Bungie vs The World hopper and of course didn't meet up with Bungie. When I was playing there were about 130,000 people playing making the chance of me winning the lottery better than getting some Recon armor. But I did get my 7 on 7 Vidmaster achievement which is cool so I'm a little closer to getting those done. On the 7th Bungie also released their best podcast ever with none other than Nathan Fillion showing up.



He got to play Firefight and even some Halo: Reach. He was at the studio for 2 days! I'm a huge Firefly fan so hearing what he thinks about the game was cool. He is a big Halo player and it sounds like he is pretty good. The guys talked a lot about Firefight which actually got me excited for ODST again. I mentioned in my E3 post it looked pretty crappy and well I hope it surprises me. I know Bungie has a great track record (we'll forget about Brute Force) so this should be no different. Horde was my favorite part of Gears 2 other than that I have literally only played 4 public matches ever. I used to play social matches with some guys from another site but they got annoying. After all the title updates to Gears the shotgun got worse and I hate it so Firefight will be a welcome change and I can't wait!! Going up against multiple hunters scattered with Brutes and Grunts oh my! Hell yeah can't wait.

One last thing for the toy collectors out there. I have the Halo 3 ODST trooper but McFarlane is coming out with a Rookie figure in October right after the release of ODST and it looks a little different a must have for fans.

No comments: